When it comes to spring cleaning, deep cleaning an oven can be somewhat of a chore and one that many homeowners avoid. However, ovens build up grease, grime and food particles that become sticky and collect germs, so they should be cleaned every six months or so to maintain optimum functionality and avoid odors. Many cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can be absorbed by food or harm your skin, and self-cleaning functions on ovens can produce strong smells. Fortunately, here is a way to easily clean your oven using natural ingredients:
- Remove the racks from your oven as well as any large pieces of loose food or debris.
- Combine ½ cup of baking soda with three tablespoons of water to make a paste.
- Using a sponge, spread the paste all over the oven’s interior while avoiding holes and cracks.
- Let baking soda sit on oven surfaces overnight.
- Place a small amount of vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the interior of the oven.
- Wipe with warm water and a damp cloth until the oven is clean.
- Dry completely with a cloth.
- Wash racks with warm soapy water and dry racks completely before replacing in the oven.
Click here for more on washing oven racks.
Here is a full tutorial on oven cleaning.Tags: Home Improvement